Websites & Online Activities for Teens
Art & Movement
- Do Yoga With Me - Do Yoga With Me is offering two months of free online yoga classes for all ages.
Google Applied Digital Skills - Google Applied Digital Skills teaches students digital skills with videos and interactive learning. Grades 7-12
Scratch - With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community. All ages.
- Bonzai! - Bonzai! offers free financial literacy education for students of all ages.
- Big History Project - Big History Project is a holistic multimedia journey through history exploring the past present and future. Grades 9-12
Multi-Subject Learning Sites
Actively Learn - Actively Learn offers standard based lessons for ELA, Science and Social Studies. Free through the end of the school year. Grades 3-12.
Brain Pop - Brain Pop focuses on STEM • Social Studies • English • Health • Arts & Music. Free through the end of the school year. Grades 4-8
CK-12 - CK-12 offers lessons in math, science, social studies and more, including some materials that are translated into Spanish and other languages. Grades PreK-College
Crash Course - Crash Course is a YouTube channel that has fun animated educational videos on a wide range of topics including history, science, technology, language and much more. All Ages.
IXL - IXL offers student support in learning math, science, language arts, social studies and more. Grades PreK-12.
Kahoot - Kahoot offers free learning games and trivia. Users can create their own games or use existing ones. All ages.
Khan Academy - Khan Academy offers courses in many subjects including math, science, computing, test prep, and much more. During the COVID-19 closures, they are offering daily schedules to help families stay on track. PreK-College.
Newsela - Newsela provides standards-based learning content with an emphasis on media from over 100 vetted national publishers such as the New York Times, USA Today, PBS, & National Geographic. Newsela is offering full free access during the COVID-19 closures. Grades 5-12.
Project Muse - Project Muse is providing free access to the journals and books for six major universities during COVID-19 closures. Upper high school/college
Quizlet - Quizlet lets students learn languages, science; arts and humanities; math, social studies and more using flash cards and games. Users can create their own content and use the content of others. Grades 5-12.
Quizizz - Educational, self-paced quizzes on many subjects including, math, science, technology, languages and more. Grades 3-12
Ted Talks - Ted Talks provide thought-provoking and inspiring talks from people all over the world on all kinds of topics. Grades 5-12
WGBH Distance Learning Center - In response to the COVID-19 closures, WGBH Distance Learning Center has gathered many trusted learning resources onto one website and makes them available based on grade level. PreK-12
- NOVA - PBS’s NOVA has educational films and activities related to STEM learning. They are daily highlighting some of their favorite lessons for in-home learning during the COVID-19 closures. Grades 5-12
- Digital Civics Toolkit - The Digital Civics Toolkit is a collection of resources that help high school students learn about civic issues in a digital world. Grades 7-12.
- Louisiana Believes High School Assessments - lists all of the skills that students need to learn for end-of-year testing and has practice tests. Grades 9-12.